addy is real estate for everyone. We are a well-capitalized startup seeking an experienced and talented Back-End Developer to help grow our dev team and make every human a home owner. You must have experience building and designing large and complex, yet maintainable SaaS. We are a SaaS-enabled marketplace that engages every human through compelling and thoughtful design. You must be able to work closely with your team to complete sprints and maintain a velocity most competent people think not
We expect intense, talented, and interesting teammates who care about achieving a triple bottom line of societal, environmental and economic return.
There’s no need to turn your life upside down for a massive down payment, you could literally invest $1 if that’s what’s best for you. Continue living downtown, travel when you want, spend more time with family and friends, and still have the chance to get into real estate.
About The Team
We’re a passionate and fun group of people who are moving quickly, which is why we’re looking for the brightest minds to join us on this incredible journey.
We are on a mission to make every human a homeowner. Our mission is our destination and we live in our core values to get there.
About The Role
As a Senior Software Developer, you are tech savvy in web technologies and understand the business of digital media. You will be working in a fun and creative environment with peers and executives that will support and challenge you. Our current backend is Ruby on Rails and frontend is Vue.js – we are open to consideration of other technologies and the right candidate will help us form that technology hypothesis for validation.
Exceptional communication and comfort with debate are essential. We have no sacred cows in our tech stack and are instead driven toward being curious about how we can always learn and improve.
- Manage the SDLC of an Agile Scrum product in a startup environment
- Implement backend code in existing Rails 5 codebase
- Continue to develop mobile-first frontend system in VueJS
- Collaborate with other developers and designers
- Effectively communicate with peers and managers
- Write efficient yet creative code
- Creatively problem solve to find appropriate solutions
- Define and implement technical strategies within budget and time constraints
- Identify and advise on technical risks
Team Leadership Skills
- Able to lead code reviews, enforce code standards, define and execute a technology plan
- Strong communication skills and previous experience of working with distributed technical teams; is a strong advocate for collaboration and interdisciplinary problem-solving
- Able to synthesize and communicate the outcomes of collaborative sessions to the appropriate level of fidelity to team and stakeholders
- Experienced enough to coach junior team members, critique their work, and help improve their output and skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues and solutions to a wide range of audiences
- Can manage conflict with tact and confidence
- Brings positive, solution-focused thinking to difficult problems
- Highly committed to excellence; constantly looks for ways to raise the bar in order to achieve excellence in all areas
Abilities You Bring to addy
- Minimum 5 years working in the digital industry
- 3+ years experience developing webapps for mobile and tablet
- 3+ years experience with Rails
- 3+ years experience with SQL DBs, Postgres preferred
- Experience with Heroku and AWS or similar deployment systems
- B. CompSci or comparable combination of experience/education
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with mobile frameworks
- Database development experience
- Ability to visualize analytics reports
- Investment matching program
- Travel is in our DNA and we offer many opportunities for offsite retreats (when it’s safe to do so, of course!)
- Annual learning benefit
- Snacks, fruit, and a wide selection of drinks are available in our kitchen
- Office in the heart of Kitsilano
- Regular company-wide & team events
Got Financial, Investing, or Real Estate Swagger?
Are you of the FIRE movement, dig on the principles of Mr. Money Mustache or geek out on Bigger Pockets? Let your true inner geek shine and share in your application what you are into and why you feel now is the time to make the real estate asset class available to everyone.
Signing up for an account will signal your interest in this role.