WHO WE ARE
addy is real estate for everyone. We are a well-capitalized startup with a mission to help make every human a homeowner. We are a SaaS-enabled marketplace that engages every human through compelling and thoughtful design.
When you can invest in real estate for as little as $1, everyone has a chance to get into the market.
Investing in real estate with addy means you can own property and still do all of the things that make you who you are because you decide how much to invest.
There’s no need to turn your life upside down for a massive down payment, you could literally invest $1 if that’s what’s best for you. Continue living downtown, travel when you want, spend more time with family and friends, and still have the chance to get into real estate.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We’re a passionate and fun group of people who are moving quickly, which is why we’re looking for the brightest minds to join us on this incredible journey.
We are on a mission to make every human a homeowner. Our mission is our destination and we live in our core values to get there.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a technical lead, you will take part in deep technical conversations and help shape the technologies addy uses. You will write technical documents outlining the system models, write high-quality and testable code. As the technical lead, other developers on the team will look for your direction and guidance to solve various software challenges using modern solutions. You will help educate the team on new technologies and development principles. You will be working in a fun and creative environment with peers and executives that will support and challenge you. Our current backend is Ruby on Rails. The front-end is Vue.js – we are open to consideration of other technologies, and the right candidate will help us form that technology hypothesis for validation.
Exceptional communication and comfort with debate and embracing the unknown are essential. We have no sacred cows in our tech stack and are instead driven toward being curious about how we can always learn and improve.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building SaaS products and understand SaaS software development practices
- Experience with leading large tasks requiring Architecture and Design skills both within and across team and technology area boundaries.
- Strong understanding of SQL.
- Understanding of AWS stack including but not limited to RDS, Lambda and API Gateways.
- Participated in the entire development lifecycle of applications and seek to improve how we work, not just the code we write
- Experience with great agile cultures and is willing to drive change in process to improve performance.
- Good knowledge of computer science terminology and concepts
- Build and maintain backend services written primarily in Ruby on Rails
- Help us occasionally maintain systems written in other languages, including Vue.js
- Expertise with testing frameworks
- Excellent debugging skills
- Good working knowledge of git
- Understanding of design principles (S.O.L.I.D.)
- Experience in other languages such as: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, Typescript, etc.
- Has built CI / CD pipelines with either Jenkins or Github Actions
ABILITIES YOU BRING TO addy
- Passionate about developing a new and valuable PropTech brand
- Energized by the opportunity to enable every human to be a homeowner
- Member-focused: You’re collaborative, optimistic and listen to understand, demonstrating kindness and empathy in all interactions
- Kaizen: You’re not satisfied with the “status quo”, you love to experiment, try new things, and drive improvement
- Curiosity: In addition to the what – you need to know the why! You are energized by challenges and are persistent and resourceful in your efforts to overcome them
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You are highly motivated, proactive, comfortable with change and ambiguity. You have a humble, team-player attitude and are ready to pitch in wherever you are needed most
- You are not afraid to tackle hard problems, but know when to ask for help because you enjoy working as part of a team. You hold yourself, and your team, accountable for excellence through kind collaboration, not judgment.
- Investment matching program
- Travel is in our DNA and we offer many opportunities for offsite retreats (when it’s safe to do so, of course!)
- Extended Health Benefits
- Annual learning benefit
- Snacks, fruit, and a wide selection of drinks are available in our kitchen
- Office in the heart of Kitsilano
- Regular company-wide & team events
Got Financial, Investing, or Real Estate Swagger?
Are you of the FIRE movement, dig on the principles of Mr. Money Mustache or geek out on Bigger Pockets? Let your true inner geek shine and share in your application what you are into and why you feel now is the time to make the real estate asset class available to everyone.
Signing up for an account will signal your interest in this role.